Re: gtk 2.4 compilation wants pango 1.2?

On Friday 26 March 2004 16:52, Dave Reed wrote:
> Cursor.c: In function `XRenderCreateCursor':
> Cursor.c:35: `xRenderCreateCursorReq' undeclared (first use in this
>  function)
> Cursor.c:35: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> Cursor.c:35: for each function it appears in.)
> Cursor.c:35: `req' undeclared (first use in this function)
> Cursor.c:39: `sz_xRenderCreateCursorReq' undeclared (first use in this
>  function)
> Cursor.c:39: syntax error before ')' token
> Cursor.c:39: `X_RenderCreateCursor' undeclared (first use in this
>  function)
> Cursor.c: In function `XRenderCreateAnimCursor':
> Cursor.c:59: `xRenderCreateAnimCursorReq' undeclared (first use in
>  this function)
> Cursor.c:59: `req' undeclared (first use in this function)
> Cursor.c:64: `sz_xRenderCreateAnimCursorReq' undeclared (first use in
>  this function)
> Cursor.c:64: syntax error before ')' token
> Cursor.c:64: `X_RenderCreateAnimCursor' undeclared (first use in this
>  function)
> Cursor.c:69: `sz_xAnimCursorElt' undeclared (first use in this
>  function)
> make[1]: *** [Cursor.lo] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/xrender-0.8.3'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Looks like Solaris X libraries (at least the version/configuration
> installed on my system at work) don't have the correct functions.
>
> Anyone else got any ideas for getting this compiled on Solaris?

Hi Dave,

I didn't have to go through the render/Xrender installation, but these types
of errors were typical of what I encountered when I attempted to install
versions of packages that were not compatible with what was already on my
system or with each other.  I was able to eventually resolve these "version"
problems by "googling" on the errors.  For example, "xRenderCreateCursorReq"
points to:
http://lists.gnome.org/archives/garnome-list/2003-November/msg00230.html
which seems to closely duplicate your problem.  Unfortunately, it doesn't give
a solution.

Happy hunting!

Dave