Re: Whence 'gtk2' ?

Zbigniew Wasik wrote:

select 'about Gnome',
it indicates version 2.4.0, but what does this have to do
with 'gtk2' or 'gtk+' ?  What is 'Pango' ?  What is 'Glib' ?

O je... chuck   Read please www.gtk.org  OK

I started to read it, but did not see 'gtk2' mentioned.
I was not sure that I was looking in the correct place.

There you can find what is gtk2, pango, glib - and all those libraries
used by gtk2.
and some other usefull information for example how to check in linux
what gtk version you have.  pkg-config gnome --modversion or pkg-config
gtk+ --modversion

Zbych
Please do that because really you can find about it a lot on net (even
looking in www.google.com).

Hi, Zbych:

Thanks.  I had never seen pkg-config before.  :-)  It returns:

root g2000:~# pkg-config gnome --modversion
Package gnome was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gnome.pc'
No package 'gnome' found
root g2000:~# pkg-config gtk+ --modversion
1.2.10
root g2000:~#
Chuck