Re: Whence 'gtk2' ?

Valdis Kletnieks vt edu wrote:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:24:43 EST, chuck gelm <chuck gelm net>  said:

How do I obtain 'gtk2' ?

First, check if your system already has it. Most Linux distributions include
gtk2 already, and I'm pretty sure there's a Solaris version on the sunfreeware
site.  There's probably pre-builts available for other systems as well.

If you have to build your own, go to http://www.gtk.org - toward the bottom
of the page there's some links:

General release announcement
GTK+ 2.4.0 release announcement
Glib 2.4.0 release announcement
Pango 1.4.0 release announcement

Each of which has in the announcement a "get it here" link right at the top.

Or there's a "download" link in the left column.

Get glib 2.4.0 (don't confuse this with the base 'glibc' library on Linux boxes)
and build/install.

Get atk 1.4.0, build, install

Get Pango 1.4.0, build, install

Get gtk+ 2.4.0, build, install.

Hi, Valdis.Kletnieks:

Thanks.

I am using Slackware9.1 in an AMD-K6-2-266 with 192 MB of RAM
and 4 IDE hard drives (as it is a file server).

How can I tell of I have 'gtk2'?  When I enter:
root server:~# gtk2
I get:
bash: gtk2: command not found

Please note that I asked about 'gtk2' and you responded about
'gtk+', 'Pango', 'atk', and 'glib'.   :-|  I do not understand the relation.

Regards, Chuck