Re: arrow keys change spin button value

Hi Rob,

gtk-devel is for the development of gtk itself, I've cc:ed gtk-list which is probably a better home.

R. Alblas wrote:
In a drawable I want to use the arrow keys to scrol through a picture.
However, at the same time gtk uses the same arrow keys to walk through
buttons, and if a spin button is reached the value is altered. How can I
switch off this behaviour?

I think the best way to solve this is to make your drawing area into a widget and make it focus-able. In your widget key_press_event handler, catch the cursor keys and prevent them propogating (so gtk will not use them to move the focus) by returning TRUE.

John