Re: gtk problems

Wesley Hobbie wrote:
I successfully compiled gtk+-2.2.4:
./configure
make
make install
but then I try to run a ./configure file on another program and it is unable to find GTK+, why? What do I need to do? I even tried the pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0 and it first ran an error that I needed to add the path to gtk+-2.0.pc to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable, ok so I did that, then I got an error that I needed to add the path to gdk-x11-2.0-uninstalled.pc to my PKG_CONFIG_PATH, but I either do not have one, or cannot find it. Please give any advise you can.

Do you use Linux? If you do, you may need to add /usr/local/lib to
/etc/ld.so.conf (or whatever it's called) and then run ldconfig. You may
also need to specify on the ./configure command line where your *.pc
files are, and if you have several versions of pkg-config installed,
even the place of the version you want to use (presumably the latest)
using the PKG_CONFIG_PATH and the PKG_CONFIG variables. It should look
something like this (the whole thing must be on the same line):

PKG_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin/pkg-config PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/lib ./configure

(Correct as needed.)

Regards

busmanus

Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu