Re: [gnome-db] What DWI does [was Re: GnuCash page on GO site]

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 21:55 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> writes:
>
> > right. The question is if, as bond/papyrus have tried to do, qof can be
> > changed to use libgda for the basic data access.
>
> It should be possible..  We would just need to implement a proper
> qof-backend module against libgda.  Note, however, that this backend
> would be required to implement all the cache consistency checks....

hmm, does this mean that the XML backend implements also all that cache
consistency checks? If so, could those checks be moved up in the stack
to be implemented on top of the different backends? that is, one
implementation of the cache for all providers

cheers