Building GTK under Cygwin

Has anyone successfully built GLib, GTK+ et. al. under Cygwin
recently?

It has been done in the past: there are a set of packages at
http://web.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~s01397ms/cygwin/ but these are six months
old.  I'd like to be able to build them independently.

So far, I can't get GLib to build.  While it compiles without issues
(configuring with "-C --prefix=/usr --with-libiconv"), I get link
errors when it tries to link an executable during the build due to
missing symbols.  Looking closer, it fails to produce a libglib.dll,
and produces an empty libglib.a as a result.  The error is due to the
library being completely missing.

This may partly be due to changes in Cygwin's gcc and ld: the .def
file may no longer be required, since "gcc -shared" should do the
right thing, and also build the import library with a linker option.

Will there be any more 2.2.x GLib/GTK releases?  If so, I'll send in
some patches, otherwise I'll do the same for 2.3.

Regards,
Roger

--
Roger Leigh