Re: gtk_widget_set_uposition() in Gtk-2.0?

> This function is only really useful on a window, so you are supposed
> to use gtk_window_set_position() instead.

But gtk_window_set_position() doesn't allow an arbitrary position to be
specified.  You can only really position at the center or the mouse position.

This leads me to think that I'm on the wrong track.   I'm trying to create
my own "tooltips" (because it seems you can only apply the built-in Gtk-2.0
tooltips on individual widgets, and I need tooltips for various areas within
a drawing area).

The following code hopefully shows what I'm trying to do, and why
I would like to be able to position the window explicity:

   window = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_POPUP);
   hbox = gtk_hbox_new(FALSE, 0);
   gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(window), hbox);
   label = gtk_label_new("text goes here");
   gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(hbox), label, FALSE, FALSE, 4);
   gtk_widget_realize(window);
   gdk_color_parse("yellow", &colour);
   gtk_widget_modify_bg(window, GTK_STATE_NORMAL, &colour);
   gtk_window_set_position(GTK_WINDOW (window), GTK_WIN_POS_MOUSE);
  /*    gtk_widget_set_uposition(GTK_WINDOW(window), x, y); */
   gdk_window_set_decorations(window->window, 0);
   gtk_widget_show_all(window);
   gdk_window_raise(window->window);

> Are you compiling with the compiler flag -Wall? If not, I strongly
> suggest you do.

I always do.  I understand what the flag does now - I thought it would
prevent the code compiling, but I see it just kicks out a compiler warning.

regards,

--
David J. Singer
doc deadvirgins org uk