gtk_widget_set_uposition() in Gtk-2.0?

I notice from the documentation that gtk_widget_set_uposition()
is deprecated in Gtk-2.0, but there is no mention of how the same
functionality should be implemented...  Can anyone tell me?

As a related point, even when I define GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED,
I get no errors or warnings when trying to use deprecated functions.
Have I misinterpreted the function of this flag?

--
David J. Singer
doc deadvirgins org uk