Re: custom widget embedding stock widget

mj s wrote:
I am attempting to build a custom widget based off of the GtkDial example in the 2.0 tutorial. I wanted to add a vertical progressbar which would float above the dial widget until the user button_releases the mouse. I cannot find any infomation about embedding this stock Progress widget inside of my own. I thought that all I really need to do is create a progressbar instantiation within the custom widget and find a way to paint the progressbar's output on top of mine. Are there any examples of something like this in the CVS that I could look at or perhaps some documentation? Thank you.

What do you mean "float" the widget?
If you want it packed vertically, derive your
custom widget from GtkVbox. Then you can pack
that extra widget into your own widget with a
vbox cast.