Run gtk2.2 example fail

hi,
I have installed gtk+2.2.4 on our Set-Top-Box, and it
seems that everything is fine including the
installation of atk1.2.4, pango1.2.5 and gtk+2.2.4.
After installation, i run the example applications in
the Gtk+2.2.4 package. Most of them run correctly. But
when i run the buttons and pixmap example
applications, I got the "segmentation fault". I think
the error takes place when the image is about to show.
So anybody can help me, and give me some information
that how gtk show image of xpm or jpeg?

the version of Xwindow is 4.0.2

Jeffery-liu