GUI building questions

I am coming to GTK+ from C++ Builder 5.  I have a few general questions
about the tools that build the GUI.  I down loaded it yesterday and made
this.

http://cdw.homelinux.com:8087/hp/rpn.jpg

but when I reopen the project or run it I get this

http://cdw.homelinux.com:8087/hp/rpn2.jpg

What I really want is something that looks more like this

http://cdw.homelinux.com:8087/hp/rpn3.jpg

which was done in C++ builder.

I tried setting the height and width of a few widgets, but that didn't
seem to do anything.  I also can't find anyway to change colors or font
size and type.  So far I have only tried to compile this stuff on linux
and it worked fine.  Will Borland C++ 5.02 work fine to compile this stuff?

--
Chris W

Bring Back the HP 15C
http://hp15c.org

Not getting the gifts you want?  The Wish Zone can help.
http://thewishzone.com