Re: win32 binaries for GTK+

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 01:50:10PM -0400, Valdis Kletnieks vt edu wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 23:24:19 CDT, David <dbree duo-county com>  said:

> > I don't know how to do it on a Windows system, but I was able to get
> > to the gimp/win32 site by adding the entry

> > 128.32.112.248 www.gimp.org

> > to my /etc/hosts file on my Linux system.  This allows my system to
> > resolve the address rather than calling on my ISP's DNS server.

> Just remember to remove it from /etc/hosts once the DNS catches up.
> Otherwise, you'll be banging your head against the wall a year from
> now trying to figure out why you can't reach gimp.org anymore, and why
> the site you're contacting isn't the same as what the DNS says... ;)

Yes, that's something I'll have to remember (if I can).  But at the
moment, that's the only way I could think of to get to that site.

As of a couple days ago, there was no way to reach that particular link
(to my knowledge).  If you tried 128.32.112.248/win32 in a web browser,
it still resolved to www.gimp.org/win32 - which my DNS couldn't resolve.

Perhaps the new IP address will get distributed to the DNS servers
shortly (if it already hasn't).