Re: win32 binaries for GTK+

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 12:10:10PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ofey aikon <ofey_aikon yahoo com> writes:
>
> > Where can I download win32 binaries for GTK+ ? I had
> > downloaded one of the earlier versions from
> > http://www.dropline.net/gtk/ .But in that site, Todd
> > now suggests to download from Tor's site instead, at
> > http://www.gimp.org/win32 . I have been trying to
> > access the second link above for the past few days
> > unsuccesfully.
> > Is this the correct link for the win32 binaries ?
>
> Yes, but the gimp.org server is having problems. At the moment it runs
> on a temporary fallback server that doesn't have all the content.
> Hoepfully the main server will be back up soon.

I don't know how to do it on a Windows system, but I was able to get to
the gimp/win32 site by adding the entry

128.32.112.248 www.gimp.org

to my /etc/hosts file on my Linux system.  This allows my system to
resolve the address rather than calling on my ISP's DNS server.

What's happening is that the link at the www.gimp.org site is for
"www.gimp.org/win32", which is still registered as the old IP address
with the DNS servers (or at least the one I use).