The GtkDrawingArea again...

Hi again...

I'm sorry but I didn't understand your answer.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 05:33:37PM -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> Erik Jonsson wrote:
> >If I create a GtkDrawingArea and only use GdkPixMaps to
> >update it. Will all graphics be handled on the server side?
> A GdkPixmap is on the X server (it represents a Pixmap, which
> is an XID).

I know that. My question is if the GtkDrawingArea will raster
images on the server side when using GdkPixMaps.

> >If the DrawingArea uses only a GdkScreen I guess it should
> >all be server side but if it's using a GdkPixBuf or GdkRBG
> >internaly it might have to copy data from the client every
> >update. Right?
> Effectivly, gdk_draw_pixbuf() is a server upload, yes.
>
> You are better off to create a GdkPixmap from your GdkPixbuf,
> free your GdkPixbuf and use gdk_draw_drawable() for exposes.

I'm sorry if i messed things up here a bit. I should have asked
"If the DrawingArea uses only a GdkWindow I guess..." not GdkScreen.

The question here was:

Is the GtkDrawingArea using a GdkWindow internaly or is it using
a client side image representation for some implementation reasons?

Where by client side image I refer to a GdkRGB or maybe GdkPixBuf.