Re: How would I use casting ?

One more thing if I use gtk_widget_get_parent_window to get parent window I get GdkWindow* in return.
But actually I need GtkWidget*. So could  you tell me which is the best method to convert from GdkWindow* to GtkWidget* and vice versa ?

Thanks and regards,
Dipak G Patil.

"David Necas (Yeti)" <yeti physics muni cz>
Sent by: David Necas (Yeti) <yeti trific ath cx>

07/14/2004 12:59 PM

Dipak G Patil/India/IBM IBMIN
cc
gtk-list gnome org
Subject
Re: How would I use casting ?

(please don't top-post)

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:45:58PM +0530, Dipak G Patil wrote:

> Now I want to use gdk_window_process_updates so I think use of
> gtk_widget_realize is mandatory as I couldnt find equivalent API in GTK.
> Could you suggest me right way if you think using gtk_widget_realize API is not
> a good idea ?

gdk_window_process_updates() is rarely needed. Maybe you want
gtk_widget_queue_draw() or maybe even gtk_main_iteration_do().
Unles you are really trying to force synchronous exposes.
What problem you are trying to solve?

Yeti

--
Do not use tab characters. Their effect is not predictable.