Re: How would I use casting ?

Hi Sven,

Now I want to use gdk_window_process_updates so I think use of gtk_widget_realize is mandatory as I couldnt find equivalent API in GTK.
Could you suggest me right way if you think using gtk_widget_realize API is not a good idea ?

Thanks and regards,
Dipak G Patil.

Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
Sent by: Sven Neumann <neo bender convergence de>

07/13/2004 12:46 PM

Vincent Torri <torri math u-strasbg fr>
cc
Dipak G Patil/India/IBM IBMIN, gtk-list gnome org
Subject
Re: How would I use casting ?

Hi,

Vincent Torri <torri math u-strasbg fr> writes:

> GtkWidget *gtk_win;
> GdkWindow *gdk_win;
>
> gtk_win = gtk_window_new (...);
> gtk_widget_realize (gtk_win); /* to create GDk ressources for gtk_win, in
> particular gtk_win->window */
> gdk_win = gtk_win->window; /* to get the gdk window */

Whenever you need to call gtk_widget_realize() you are most probably
doing something wrong. Well, not necessarily wrong, but certainly not
the best way. In this particular example it is not necessary to access
the GDK window since there is gtk_window_maximize() which will take
care of doing the right thing.

Sven