Re: Proper way to provide gtk+ app with asynchronous data?

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

   Just to point out one of the million possible solutions to this age
old problem ('cause I liked this solution alot when I heard of it, I have
to admit I haven't had the oportunity to try it myself since), you can
create your own GSource that pops off elements from a GAsyncQueue and
use that "source" in your recieving thread and in your publishing thread
you can push datum on to that queue and call `g_main_context_wakeup()'
on the recieving thread's context (ofcourse you can wrap that up in a pretty
little convinient api...).

Could you point to some additional documentation on how to actually create own `GSource`s? An example? I'm stuck with it just because plain glib docs didn't give me understanding of what is what, and google was also successfull in keeping the secret.

Dmitry