clickable images with alpha channel

Hi,

I am trying to create a map with overlayed images acting as buttons. I managed to achieve this with 1.2 but am now working with gtk2-2.4.0-1.

I use gtk_image_new_from_file () and put the images in a gtk_fixed container. So far so good - the images, which are irregular shapes display correctly, i.e. the background shows through.

Now I need to make them clickable so I put them in an event_box. After this, they are surrounded by a grey box. It looks like the alpha rendering has been messed up.

Is this a bug or am I doing this the wrong way?

TIA.

--
Ian Leonard

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.