Re: jpeg-6b

look at the generated file 'config.log'. i suspect you need to add a directory to either your include directories or library directories to pick up jpeg's headers and/or libraries. ./configure will listen to the environmental variables CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS, so you can set directives in these.

for example, lets say the jpeg library is installed in /opt (/opt/include for the headers, /opt/lib for the libraries), and you are on a linux box;

export CFLAGS=-I/opt/include
export CPPFLAGS=$CFLAGS
export LDFLAGS=-L/opt/lib

-tim

Jerry Pringle wrote:
Hello All,

Further to my earlier question (regarding Pango). I have compiled and installed Pango, but now when running configure for GTK+ I get the following error:

checking for jpeg_destroy_decompress in -ljpeg... no
configure: WARNING: *** JPEG loader will not be built (JPEG library not found) ***
configure: error:
*** Checks for JPEG loader failed. You can build without it by passing
*** --without-libjpeg to configure but some programs using GTK+ may
*** not work properly

I have tried running make clean and the rerunning configure and make for the jpeg-6b library (downloaded from GTK ftp site), but still get the same error.

Is there something obvious I am missing?

Thanks

Jerry