From: Sven Neumann [mailto:neo bender convergence de]On Behalf Of Sven
Neumann
Sent: Tuesday, 6 July 2004 11:16 a.m.
To: Andreas Hagele
Cc: gtk-list gnome org
Subject: Re: GLIB / Pango install

Hi,

"Andreas Hagele" <andreas fortunecorp com> writes:

> and if I would go down that path of installing the development packages,
> where do I find them?
>
> ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.2/ doesn't seem to have anything there.

Of course not. It's not the job of the GTK+ developers to provide you
with binary packages. If you want binary packages, stick to your
distribution.

> As a Linux newbie I was impressed how functional that Redhat 9 was and had
> the impression installing or upgrading a few more apps would be a piece of
> cake. Changed my mind a bit on that.

Upgrading to recent applications on an outdated distribution like RH9
is of course a challenge, what did you expect? I suggest that instead
of attempting to update a few packages you update to a more recent
distribution such as FC2 or debian sid.

Sven