gdk_draw_drawable

Hi,

Would It be asking for trouble to use the same source and destination drawable in draw_drawable ?

In some cases, I have to shift part of a pixmap by a few pixels, truncating them at one of two sides and copy in stripe(s) of new data at the opposite side(s).

Of course, I could use two pixmaps and copy back and forth between them, but hey, if it's safe to use only one, I would save memory.

Of course there might be trouble with the drawing procedure overwriting parts of the source data with target data. Then again, it might be safe, like Java's system.arraycopy ?

Soren