Re: Newbie Q: What to use ...

Soren Kuula wrote:

1) Stick with Xlib primitives for displaying ants ? OK, but I can't see which kind of widget that will allow me to use XLib drawing primitives on it, or how to somehow extract an XWindow from a widget

As already pointed out, using Xlib is fine. If you want a more powerful way of doing fast low-level graphics, you should have a look at SDL (http://www.libsdl.org/index.php), which at least used to be rather painless to use together with GTK+. I think there's even an example in there...

--
Christer Palm