Re: gtk+-2.2.4 make fails

calix ar com au wrote:
Is freetype.h on the system and in the search path? The other errors are
probably caused by the following implicit declarations.

I _knew_ I was asking for a smack in the chops with the bleeding
obvious. Thanks for wielding the cluebat :)

The final solution was to copy the whole of freetype2's include/freetype
into X11R6's include directory. Apparently linking it into
/usr/local/include just isn't good enough.

It's now complaining about conflicts between 2 versions of libexpat (it
wants libexpat.so.0, while Xft used .so.1), but I should have that fixed
with a little time and some judicious recompiling...

When you have libs already on your system and you compile a new
setup that has other versions of the same libraries, libtool can
get confused. Beware.