Re: Help cross compiling pango-1.2.5 for ARM

Hi,

in the previous message I forgot to mention that I
have cross compiled and
installed successfully FreeType 2.1.8.

I have tried the --without-x option and in configure I
get the following error:

No package 'fontconfig' found
configure: WARNING: No fontconfig found, skipping
tests for FreeType and Xft
configure: error: *** Didn't find any of FreeType,
X11, or Win32.
*** Must have at least one backend to build Pango.

It looks like fontconfig is not installed so I have
downloaded latest fontconfig from
fontconfig cvs server (version 2.2.92).

cvs -d
:pserver:anoncvs pdx freedesktop org:/cvs/fontconfig
login
cvs -d
:pserver:anoncvs pdx freedesktop org:/cvs/fontconfig
co fontconfig

cd fontconfig
./autogen.sh --host=arm-linux
--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr/local/arm
make install
cd ..

When I rerun again configure script for pango
./configure --host=arm-linux --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--prefix=/usr/local/arm  --without-x

I get the following error message:
checking for X... disabled
configure: WARNING: X development libraries not found
checking for fontconfig >= 1.0.1... yes
checking FONTCONFIG_CFLAGS... -I/usr/local/arm/include
checking FONTCONFIG_LIBS... -L/usr/local/arm/lib
-lfontconfig
checking for freetype-config...
/usr/bin/freetype-config
checking for FT_Get_Next_Char in -lfreetype... no
configure: error: *** Didn't find any of FreeType,
X11, or Win32.
*** Must have at least one backend to build Pango.

It is strange since I have already installed freetype.
Has someone have any idea about what's going on ?

Regards,

Aitor