Re: How to uninstall glib-2.2.1?

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:59:36 EST, "Billy O'Connor" said:

> This wouldn't have anything to do with a ./configure error along the
> lines of "I wanted glib-version-xxx, but glib-2.2.1 was found.",
> would it?

Darned if I know, but I've been doing RedHat for long enough to know that if
you have to ask how to uninstall the <basic component FOO> that got onto your
system at the initial install, you'll almost certainly render your system
unusable in the attempt. (To be fair to RedHat, *every* system I've done in the
last quarter of a century had the exact same "If you have to ask..." issues
with its core components...)

I have no idea what wEngUang's original problem was that he/she was trying
to solve by removing glib, and my cc: to them bounced.  Hopefully they're
subscribed as some other address and can explain what the problem is...