Re: GtkComboBox :-)

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 06:52 +0100, Stephane Wirtel wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Excuse me, but do you have a small example ? i am looking for it in the
> source code and in the api reference, to understand the mechanism, but i
> don't find.
>
> And i don't know how to implement a GtkComboBox with GtkCellLayout.
> In the source code of gtkcombobox.c, i can see gtk_combo_box_cell_layout_*
> but none examples.
>
> If you can help me, of course.

GtkCellLayout is a particular API that different widgets and objects can
implement. GtkComboBox implements the GtkCellLayout interface for you,
meaning you can call gtk_cell_layout_* functions and pass a GtkComboBox
as the cell_layout argument.

So, for a combo box with a "pixbuf"/"text" row:

lstore = gtk_list_store_new (2, GDK_TYPE_PIXBUF, G_TYPE_STRING);

combo = gtk_combo_box_new_with_model (lstore);

pcell = gtk_cell_renderer_pixbuf_new ();

gtk_cell_layout_pack_start (combo, pcell, FALSE);
gtk_cell_layout_add_attribute (combo, pcell, "pixbuf", 0);

tcell = gtk_cell_renderer_text_new ();

gtk_cell_layout_pack_start (combo, tcell, TRUE);
gtk_cell_layout_add_attribute (combo, tcell, "text", 1);

--
Peace,

    Jim Cape
    http://ignore-your.tv

    Everyone has their own Truth, but there is only one Honesty.