Re: GTK+ books

Hi,

Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia nic funet fi> writes:

> > There are the two scribble examples in the GTK+ tutorial that
> > explain GTK+/GDK drawing pretty well.
>
> I find it difficult to keep up various states of the tools
> which I want code.

Sorry, but I don't see how this is related to GTK+ documentation
(which is what this thread is all about).

> I have a modification of the original scribble which has a small
> rectangle drawing area by default, and more drawing areas can be
> added by pressing a button. All drawing areas can be grabbed and
> moved, in wich case they raise at front and follow the pointer.
> It has a couple of states and tmp variables used when dragging,
> but the code looks messy.

I don't think a drawing area is the right kind of widget to use
here. Actually I doubt that GtkDrawingArea is particulary useful for
any purpose at all. The fact that it has it's own INPUT/OUTPUT window
makes it rather inefficient and I expect it to be deprecated at some
point.

Did you look at GnomeCanvas or similar implementations?

Sven