Re: Binary compatibility of GTK+2.4 vs. GTK+2.4 ?

Jurgen Defurne wrote:
Hello,

The home page of GTK states that there is binary compatibility between
different versions of GTK 2.x.

I have, however, a banking application which seems to be linked against GTK
2.2 and now that I have upgraded from Red Hat 9 to Fedora Core 3, does not
work anymore.

I get
/opt/HomeBank/HBSecGUI: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0:
undefined symbol: XListInputDevices

and libgdk-1.2.so.0 is symbolically linked to /usr/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0.9.1.

Apart from asking the bank to update their application, does anybody have some
other ideas on how I could make this program run again ?

Install GTK+-1.2 ;) You're showing symbols in 1.2 version of library, not 2.2.

	Olexiy