Re: Setting new Home dir

Hi,

on Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Murray Cumming wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 19:04 +0100, Andreas Hauber wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > im currently playing with the filechooserdialog and saw that when i clicked
> > on the button 'home' the C:\docs and settings\user\ was opened. I would like
> > it better when C:\docs and settings\user\my files\ would be opened. Is there
> > any way to do this?
>
> Maybe someone on gtk-list has an idea. I'm also not sure whether C:\docs
> and settings\user\ is meant to be seen much by users. However, Windows
> is a mess.

You could modify the environment variable $HOME of the user, so that it
points to settings\user\my files\ instead of the old path.
But be aware, that this could possibly cause problems with other
applications and/or the Win32 environment.

Another possibility would be to modify the HOME variable using the
g_setenv () call on a temporary base while the application is running
or the functionality is needed.

Regards
Marcus

--
We don't understand the software, and sometimes we don't understand the
hardware, but we can *see* the blinking lights!