Re: [Fwd: Reparent problem]

Murray Cumming wrote:

is anyone going to investigate this problem or should I submit a bug?
I need this problem to be solved in business application, so, if someone
could give me a hint ASAP it would be great.

Yes, it's probably a good idea to add the C test case to bugzilla, if you
have simplified it as simple as possible. There's probably some more
investigation that you can do though: For instance, is this only a problem
with Notebooks, or also with simpler containers?

I've replaced notebook with simple frame container. Problem is still there.
I am going to bug this issuse.

It's unlikely to be relevant, but in your gtkmm example, you seem to have
a memory leak - You remove the frame from the notebook in free_page(), but
you don't delete it.

There is no memory leak. When I do remove_page() ( gtk_notebook_remove_page() ) from notebook that function does free child widget automatically.

You might use a recursing foreach() with set_sensitive() as a workaround
for now if you don't find a real solution.
I found the solution: you have to call hide() and show() for toolbar widget just after reparenting.

toolbar->hide();  // ( gtk_widget_hide( toolbar ); )
toolbar->show();  // ( gtk_widget_show( toolbar ); )

thanks for the hint, Murray
-andrew