Re: Checking versions

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:06:12 -0800 (PST)
amish gtk <amishgtk yahoo com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have the slackware distribution. The package manager
> showed that both gtk+-1.2.10 and gtk+2-2.2.4 are
> installed. My ultimate goal is to try and run an
> application called scim which requires the gtk2-devel
> package. I thought installing gtk+2.4 would solve the
> problem but it seems the devel package is already
> installed (gtk+2-2.2.4). I was wondering what is the
> difference between the devel package and a regular
> package?. Thanks I really appreciate your help,
> Amish

Slackware distribution doesn't make difference between -devel packages
and regular ones. My Slackware reply to pkg-config command with a
"2.4.13", so, problably, your package is not correctly installed. Try to
reinstall it (upgradepkg --reinstall), or upgrade to a newer version
(pay attention to updated dependences too).

PS: to see which packages are installed on your Slackware look in
/var/log/packages

--
Luca