Re: Checking versions

Hi,
I have the slackware distribution. The package manager
showed that both gtk+-1.2.10 and gtk+2-2.2.4 are
installed. My ultimate goal is to try and run an
application called scim which requires the gtk2-devel
package. I thought installing gtk+2.4 would solve the
problem but it seems the devel package is already
installed (gtk+2-2.2.4). I was wondering what is the
difference between the devel package and a regular
package?. Thanks I really appreciate your help,
Amish