total newbie question...

I'm developing a gtk application that is running on one server and
displaying on the X servers of several LTSP diskless X terminals.
The one issue I've not been able to resolve is that if the terminals
reboot the application no longer displays (obviously because the X
connection was cut) but I can find no way for the gtk application to
detect the lost IO connection die (so I can restart it pointing at the
new X server).  Please help.  Currently I have a very ugly hack that
kills off old applications when the terminal boots...

---

Let's assume for the sake of argument my application is just this:

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main(int argc,char**argv)
{
   gtk_init(&argc, &argv);
   GtkWidget *gMainWindow = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
   gtk_widget_show(gMainWindow);
   gtk_main();
   return 0;
}