Copyright issue

Hi,

We are developing a programming language and wrinting an interface
module to GDK/GTK written in C.

For easy documentation purposes, the GDK/GTK documentation is
embedded in the C source code, viz.:

/*) sub foo (bar)
    ... documentation copied from GDK/GTK ...
    ... our own additional documenation ...
*/
static int some_foo (some self, stuff bar)
{
}

Questions:

1. May I do that?

2. If yes, what notice should I add in the files, if any?
Perhaps something like: "This file contains material from the GDK/GTK
library copyright of ...?"

If you can not answer this question, perhaps you can tell me whom
to contact?

Thanks,
marc