Re: cant run gtk programs when on root

Hylke Donker wrote:

I can't start a GTK program when im logged in to my root account.
When i try to start a GTK program under root it gives the following error output:

Xlib: No protocol specified

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0

Im using slackware 10.0, and i've downloaded GTK a couple of weaks a go.
I hope you can help me.
Thanx Hylke

Im programmed to program.

Linux.Net -->Open Source to everyone