problem due to clash between signals and events

Title: Message

Hi ,

 I need to implement of bullets and numbering  with GTK+ 2.0 . For this I want to catch "key-press-event" to ensure whether the pressed key is
BACKSPACE or something else. If I use some callback function for this event, other default signals for any key pressed is not fired(for example
 I am  not able to write any text by pressing character keys from the keyboard in the  GtkTextView ).

 I am  catching "insert-text", "delete-range", "mark-set" signals  in the same  GtkTextBuffer. If I catch "key-press-event'
also, probably some interference or clash is happening between these two sets of signals.

Please reply  if you  have some solution for this and how to avoid the clash

Regards,
Amit.