Multihead Performance

I don't really think this is an issue created by GTK, but I'll throw it
out there to see if anyone has thoughts on this issue.  I have 2 Matrox
dual head G450 cards running 4 monitors.  I will eventually start four
instances of the program, one for each monitor, but for right now I'm
running it once on one monitor, or screen.  If I run  my program which
loops through pixbufs, displaying them to one particular screen, on 1/2
second intervals. On two of the heads it taxes the processor around 20%,
on the other 2 heads it taxes the processor around 98%.  Might this be X
or GTK redirection that is causing this overload?  If anyone wants to
respond but needs more information just let me know.

Matt