error: core dumped

I'm a newbie and I'm learning how to work with images...
I compile a file test using "gcc file.c -o file `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`
When I try to execute the file, I recept the error "core dumped".
So, someone know what is wrong in this file ?

I want to get image.jpg and put in a vector, then after I can to manipulate the pixels

                        Thanks for the Help - ViNiCiUs

/*********** file.c ************/
#include<gtk/gtk.h>
#include<gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.h>

int main(int argc,char *argv[ ]){
gtk_init(&argc,&argv);

guchar *v;
GdkPixbuf *pixbuf;
GError **error;

pixbuf=gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file("image.jpg",error); v=gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels(pixbuf);
gtk_main(0);
}