Refreshing of the text

Hello,

I'm using GTK and libpcap (library dedicated to provide routines for packet caputre) to make a sniffer with GUI in C. I have a problem, when I start to sniff, the program comes into a function from which will get out in the moment that a certain number of packets are sniffed.

In that function, I write in a window the content of every packet. The problem is that if I want to sniff 1000 packets, all the text will become visible once the 1000 packets are visible, and not ever time a packet is received.

Is there any way to modify this ?? I would like to show the text every time that I get a packet.

Thanks for your help,

Marc