Re: [Dev-C++] Uptodate: Error on gdk_gc_predraw with devc++

www.hiebun.com wrote:

Of course, I had gdk_threads_enter() and gdk_threads_leave() before and after the function. Exactly the same code (except OS related) works fine on Linux OS.

You should never update the GUI from other threads under Win32. It seems that not just on GTK+, but many GUI toolkits have this same problem. Try updating the gui from the main thread using g_idle_add.

Follow this recent thread from gtk-devel:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2004-April/msg00028.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2004-April/msg00035.html

So, I would suggest to developpers of winGtk+ and DevC++ to consider this errors.

This is not related to Dev-C++, as it is only an IDE for MinGW. And this is not related to MinGW either, as it just compiles code.

PS: IMHO you addressed this mail to all wrong lists. You should send it to gtk-app-devel and/or gtk-devel.

Daniel K. O.