pango installation Problem

Hi,

  I downloaded the new gtk 2.4 and the dependent libraries from the gtk.org site. I could successfully, install pkgconfig, atk and glib. But, when I try to install pango and run the configure script, it complains about the glib library.

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.4.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See
the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB
is incorrectly installed.
configure: error:
*** Glib 2.4.0 or better is required. The latest
version of
*** Glib is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.
How do I solve this problem? Please help.

Regards
Saroj Panda

Do you Yahoo!?