facing Problem with gdk event key

Hi all,

i need a help regarding GdkEventKey, i would like to divide my problem into 2 sub parts.
1)in my gtkmm application i want
to assign some shortcut keys, to some process., so
my method which handles the key press event :
bool window1::on_window1_key_press_event(GdkEventKey *ev)

i want to trace ctrl-shift F1, so my condition is
if((ev->keyval==GDK_F1)&&((ev->state & 5)==5) && (ev->type ==GDK_KEY_PRESS))
    {
//5 is for shift value of ctrl and shift value.
g_message("U have press ctrl shift F1")
}

when i pressed the keys, these is condition is never valid or never
occurs, if i trace out ctrl-shift-A, it is properly traced.

can any one tell me, why is it so, and what should i do

2) in KDE environment ctrl+F1 is to change to desktop 1, ctrl+F2 to shift to desktop 2 etc.
but if supposed in my application i had assigned ctrl+F1 shortcut key to some event, and i want that event to be invoke,
instead to change the desktop that system has reserved.

how it could be done.

any help in urgent would greatly be appreciated.

Regards
Sagar Shah.