glib probs...

Oh, pity a poor struggling TD that is trying his best to learn more and more...

I use Maya at work, and Shake, and all's peachy in RH7.1. It uses GLIB2.0 (iirc...), or whichever release it used. Now, at work, Softimage|3D, Maya, XSI, Houdini, and Shake ALL are perfectly fine on 7.1, but when I try on my home machine (RH9), they complain of not being able to find the correct version of GLIB, and are unable to link with "libc.so.6", so I'm quite stuck here. I have asked several people if it is possible to fix this easily. It can't be THAT hard to fix, can it? I just do not know what to do, as there is no documentation on this problem.

It's giving me this error:

========
/usr/Softimage/XSI_3.0/Application/mainwin/mw/bin-linux_optimized/mwcleanup: relocation error: /usr/Softimage/XSI_3.0/Application/mainwin/mw/lib-linux_optimized/libkernel32.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference /usr/Softimage/XSI_3.0/Application/bin/XSI: relocation error: /usr/Softimage/XSI_3.0/Application/mainwin/mw/lib-linux_optimized/libkernel32.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
========

Anyone have any ideas? Has this been seen before, and has it been fixed? Only Softimage|3D and Shake work, as they don't include an ounce of GTK code...

Any help is greatly appreciated. (and if you could reply to jamiemclaughl26 hotmail com that'd be great, as I'm no good with message-boards...)

---
Jamie

High-speed Internet access as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service providers in your area). Click here. https://broadband.msn.com