Re: GTK Can't Find libtiff

Hi Sven,

Well, I looked through the help page and decided to
try  to compile GTK with the string that you
suggested.  However, configure still didn't link to
libtiff.  So I then tried a recompile of libtiff and
copied this following list of directories, in which it
was asking me if it was alright to install its files
into:

[ 1] Directory for tools:               /usr/local/bin
[ 2] Directory for libraries:           /usr/local/lib
[ 3] Directory for include files:
/usr/local/include
[ 4] Directory for manual pages:        /usr/local/man
[ 5] Directory for HTML documents:
/usr/local/doc/libtiff
[ 6] Manual page installation scheme:   bsd-source-cat

I then set LDFLAGS to some of these dirs, but
configure still can't find libtiff.  Is there
something else I should add to my string below that
will make configure link to libtiff?

LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/[one dir above] ./configure &&
make && sudo make install

Thanks Again,
J Silverman