mtrace reading

Hi,

in a my application with gtk, program makes and destroy many widgets. With
'top' I have noticed an enormous use of memory for my appl. and so i have
used mtrace() function to test memory usage.
In output file I get for example:

0x083ef0b8     0x1c  at 0x40498924
0x083ef0d8      0x2  at 0x4047459c

Now it's too hard 'read it' (relative to at /dir/file.c 319 ecc. for malloc()).
Is it possible 'catch' GTK functions for widgets, or GDB is the only way?

Thank you very much in adv
France

Partecipa al concorso Tiscali "collegati e vinci",
il primo premio e' un viaggio per 2 persone a Zanzibar!
http://point.tiscali.it/numerounico/