Re: Re: gtk+-2.2.2 and pango-1.2.5

> ok, I did this, but I have the same problem when
> running gtk-demo, the message is :
>
> ** (gtk-demo:9153): WARNING **: No builtin or
> dynamically loaded modules
> were found. Pango will not work correctly. This
> probably means
> there was an error in the creation of:
>
> '/usr/local/lib/graphics/pango-1.2.5/etc/pango/pango.modules'
> You may be able to recreate this file by running
> pango-querymodules.
> do you think I have to rebuild gtk statically?

gtk depends on pango (and glib), so if you compiled pango or glib into a static library,
you need to recompile gtk so it gets the needed pango and glib code from the static
libraries and not from the dynamic ones¹. But I don't think you need to compile gtk
itself statically. Just make sure that when you configure gtk, it gets the static pango libraries
and does not get linked with system's shared pango libs. You can use the same kind of scripts
(but you can change the --disable-shared and the --enable-static to your taste).

Then make sure gtk-demo is recompiled with this new gtk libs.
Check that the output of "ldd gtk-demo" does not show any pango library, and if
you compiled gtk as a shared lib, that the listed gtk lib points to this one

¹)  the advantage of a dynamic (shared, in fact) library is that if the library is recompiled,
the code that depends on it (another library or a plain program) does not need to be
recompiled because it gets the needed functions from that lib at run-time.
For a statically compiled library, any program  that depends on it must be recompiled
because it gets the needed functionality at compile time: the needed functions from that
library are copied and completely integrated in the program. Hence statically linked programs
have a larger size than dynamically linked ones.