gtk-install list

I do think such a list would be a good idea. 1) clearly this thread has generated many posts, which contradicts those who continue to insist that installing gtk from source is, instead, simple, or that failures result from lack of knowledge - whether theses last two be 'true' or not, there are clearly people who need help. 2) the contention was raised that people who have trouble installing gtk have simply not found the instructions at

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-building.html

that's a bit presumptuous, in my opinion.  I would contend that the instructions are both vague and incomplete, which leads me to agree that

3) these instructions need to be updated/improved - and, what better way to do this than collecting experience through the archives of a gtk-install list?

--
kameron cole