Re: Glade 2 & passing data to signal handlers

Joe Scaduto wrote:
On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 06:01, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Russell Shaw <rjshaw iprimus com au> writes:

Maybe you need: g_signal_connect((gpointer) okLoginButton, "clicked",
                          G_CALLBACK (on_okLoginButton_clicked),
                          GTK_OBJECT (loginDialog) );

Yes. Or simpler (w/o all the redundant casts):

 g_signal_connect (okLoginButton, "clicked",
                   G_CALLBACK (on_okLoginButton_clicked),
                   loginDialog);

or even without writing a dedicated callback function:

 g_signal_connect_swapped (okLoginButton, "clicked",
                           G_CALLBACK (gtk_widget_destroy),
                           loginDialog);

Sven

Both of your suggestions seems logical to me and I will try them. The
only problem I have is that Glade 2 created that siganl connection not
me.  And at the beginning of the file where the signal connections are
it says "DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - generated by Glade"  Can i still go in
and change the signal connections as you suggested?

Yes, but it will be over-written next time you generate the code.
Most users don't use this generated code and use gladelib xml which
is less intrusive on your program.