Re: why is gtk install so difficult?

Ruben,

> That is not aictually not  solution,  The problem with compiling
> GNOME and GTK have been going on too long and no degree of
> Debian bigotry fixes the fundemental problem.

Huh?

 /me takes a back step

I am now labelled a Debian bigot because I dare to say that I don't find
typing apt-get or rpm [which is decidedly not Debian] or the *BSD
equivalent?

No degree of illogical insults, such as yours, will fix the problem. If you
don't like this state of affairs, go find yourself another culture and
planet to live on--preferably one where you can hurl illogical conjecture at
other people as part of your daily affairs.

DSL